[Nfb-krafters-korner] classes and times

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 21:04:59 UTC 2011

I am back online with JAWS working 100% so now I can reply to the  emails.

After listening to all the email regarding classes and after discussing
this with the board members of the NFB Krafters Division I would like others
to  know our thoughts.

We defintely have grown and spread not only within the USA, but around the
globe.  We want to continue our growth and bring Krafters Korner every
where there is a need for  us to learn, share and teach each other the
crafting skills of this group.

With all that has been said it has proven that we need more classes at
different times.  After saying that we have the ability of doing these
classes, recording them and having students interact live with the teacher and
other students.  Now we need to find a way to do this at different times to
include more people around the World.  We have heard from friends in India,
Australia, New Zealan, Canada and Alaska that have taken or would love to
take a  class, but the timing is not great for them.  I ask each one of you to
seriously think about what you would like from Krafters Korner and if one
of  your answers are take classes like others, then I ask you to please
contact me  off list.  _Blindhands at aol.com_ (mailto:Blindhands at aol.com)
I would like to work with you to make this happen.

While this conversation went on there was not much comments being made from
 our teachers regarding this and I would also like to hear from the
teachers off  list.  We do have teachers living in different time zones and maybe
some of  them would be willing to try different times for classes.  I need to
hear  from the teachers.

The question has been brought up why and who picked classes to be during
the week starting at 8 p.m.  When Krafters Korner first started out the  list
was small and most folks were living on the East coast and Central time
zone.  Laurie Porter did our first class and it was a beading class.   I had
asked  our list people what time and weekend or during the week would  be
best and that is how we started out.  We did try classes on the weekend  during
the day and in the evening and in the evening during the week.  We  had
more folks show up for a class in the evening during the week.  When  classes
began we would maybe have 3or 4 and maybe 5 people at a class.   That did
include the teacher and me in those numbers.  Now look at the  attendence of a
class.

So please contact me off list and let's work together to develop this
further.