[Nfb-krafters-korner] Accessibility of Joanne's advertisements

NCBootman ncbootman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 16:27:05 UTC 2011

You are not alone. It seems the craft stores are using images for their ads
instead of actual text. This is most likely due to the fact that the
material is already camera ready for ink paper printers to print their ads.
I have encountered the same thing with grocery stores and others. Perhaps we
need to start contacting such businesses and asking for a text based
message. I did that with my one closest grocery store and was quickly given
a link on their website for a text only page. I can now read the sale flyer
fine. Businesses really don't know that we are negatively impacted by this
but with more and more people using mobile devices, they are beginning to
get it. So, education is the key.

Greg