[Nfb-krafters-korner] Basket Weaving

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Sun Jan 23 10:43:33 UTC 2011

The hard bottomed baskets are the simplest to learn.  The circular bottoms
already have the holes drilled in them and then you just soke the reeds, cut
to a specific length, incert reeds into holes and take the extended portion
of the reeds and bending them sidewase, each reed end will lock the next
reed end flat under the next reed and so on.  These reeds now become your
uprights for the basket sides.  You continue soaking your reeds and weaving
them in and out of your upright reeds until you reach the height you want.
Then you have to soak the top of your basket so your upright reeds become
flexable again and then you can bend them over and weave them into the top
of your basket which wil give it the finished top.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net