[Nfb-krafters-korner] Pine needle weaving

Dixie blueherons at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 25 21:21:58 UTC 2011

My grandmother used to have several Christmas decorations made by those pine
cones.  They were pine cone Christmas trees.
You just reminded me of them!  They stood on a wooden square base, maybe 3
inches square and 1/2 inch thick.  They were glued to that base.  Then they
were painted white and rolled in silver glitter so the ends of the cones had
glitter stuck to them.  Then little balls made from glass beads were glued
on the top of the end of several of the pine cone leaves.  These were to be
the decorations on the tree.

 Dixie