[Nfb-krafters-korner] Need Sewing Machine Recommendations

Ramona Walhof rwnfbi at q.com
Fri Jan 28 06:24:18 UTC 2011

Eleni, your Grandmother's machine would probably be fine.  If you want to
call me offline, my phone number is 208-338-1595.  I taught sewing to blind
adults in the 1970's and have been blind all my life.  A lot of new machines
will have embroidery stitches which may not be settable by a blind person.
Basic sewing should be doable, but the good old machines are simple.  You
don't need much adaptation, just some simple techniques.  There are a couple
of different techniques for cutting out patterns, but two-way conversations
might have some merit.  It's a lot of fun.

Ramona