[Nfb-krafters-korner] hand building with terra cotta clay

Georgia Kitchen gakitchen at gfn.org
Fri Jul 1 06:07:25 UTC 2011

Hi Diane,

That is very cool that you are juried. This is  my first class and I have a
great deal to learn and work on developing the muscle coordination and a
feel for what the clay can do.

My husband is juried here in Flint in wood.  There is some folks who
question whether woodworking is a art or a craft. He has been told by our
director his work is certainly an art. Nevertheless, he considers it a labor
of love. Unfortunately, he hasn't been doing much in woodlately because he
has been fixing a roof, painting etc. I know  we both will be happier when
we can get back to working ore on our hobbies.

I want to ask some questions but it is too late. Thanks for your posts. That
is interestintgg about theold clay being the best.

Thanks for sharing your art and how  how you use tree bark, twigs, leaves
etc. I personally love the outdoors. I currently live in the city but we
hope to be  able to expand our   garden.

Yes, folks like yourself  are truly working with a fine art form. I am
starting out. My folks are getting older and I help them as much as they
will let me.

Thanks again,

Georgia