[Nfb-krafters-korner] Seniors and craft project

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 16 21:55:30 UTC 2011

Hi Bonnie,

A blanket or afghan made up of knitted and/or crocheted squares of a
particular size is an idea.  I taught my daughters Girl Scout troop to
crochet granny squares.  Between what the girls made and what we had donated
by friends and family, we were able to make 5 blankets of varying sizes.  We
then donated them to a local shelter.  There is always hats and scarves made
from either knit, crochet, broom stick lace, loom knitting, etc.  What about
various types of barrettes and hair bands that have been decorated with
ribbons or other things?  What about beaded necklaces, bracelets or
earrings?  How about holiday ornaments and decorations?  You can get kits
from such places as Oriental Trading.  What about candles or decorative
soaps?

Let us know of the pros and cons of these ideas, and we will see what else
we can come up with.  You will find that this group is a great brain
storming group.

Annette