[Nfb-krafters-korner] Tip of the week

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Mon Jun 6 18:16:41 UTC 2011

I have a lot of ideas but have just started to put them to work.  Some of you talk about having a craft room.  At Target, my family found book cases that are broken down into cubes.  I got a 9 section one for my dining room.  It is 3 by 3 squares.  I was hoping it would hold braille books, too.  It will hold some of the paperback braille books.  They have colapsible drawers, in many colors, you can put in the cubes, to hold small items.  I got 3 colored cubes for the bottom to keep yarn for current projects.  I am hoping to put a white one with 8 cubes in my office and use different colors to identify many of my yarns.  I will also be able to bag colors that need to stay together and label them with the pen friend.
After making it through all my yarn and sourting it, I hope to label my beads with the pen friend.
I think I am going to like the basket idea because it keeps items pretty well closed and all I have to do is pull out the pocket, where I think my color is.  the pockets can be removed easily and taken with you, so you could keep a project in one.  It sure beats stacked boxes!

Terry P.

Theresa L. Powers (Terry)
Grants Clerk
Tobacco Control Research Branch