[Nfb-krafters-korner] EBay at Convention

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun Jun 26 10:49:25 UTC 2011

I just wanted to give yu a little more update on EBay and Florida
Convention.

Sunday afternoon I believe will be a hands on class for EBay.  They  are
suggesting you bring a lap top if you have it as computers are  limited  in
the number they will have.  I have also seen email that they would like  you
to register for this particular seminar.

They will be having EBay discussions on Monday, Tuesday and  Wednesday.  I
know on Wednesday it was in the evening like the same time  the Krafters
Division is going on.  Thursday I heard in the afternoon in  the main session
they will have 2 people from the EBay Pilot program talking  along with our
leader of the Pilot program Mary Ellen G.

EBay will have a table or a few tables in the exhibit hall, too.

So that should give you plenty of opportunities to get some  information.

I have been very busy with the Pilot program and I am hoping to reach my
goal in the next few days of listing 100 auctions on EBay.  I have done 90
and plan on going over the 100 mark by tomorrow or Monday.

Linda has done an excellent job being on the Pilot Program and has just
recently opened her EBay store.  I heard she is the first to open an EBay
store.  We have one of our coleagues  that has just hit the Top Seller  status
and for that you have to have X amount of listings and sold $3000   with
excellent feedback ratings.  My hat goes off to the folks in this  Pilot
Program that have been working hard to meet their goals.  We are all  working with
the frustrations of EBay website not playing nice with our screen  reading
programs and with our constant feed back to the experts hopefully EBay  will
work to make it better for our adaptive equipment.

PS.  They said that you need a lap top if you want to participate in  the
class on Sunday.  That Braille notes and that will not work.

Have a great time at Convention.