[Nfb-krafters-korner] Cardboard Loom

Eleni Vamvakari magkisa83 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 03:38:41 UTC 2011

I used these in art class in elementary school.  I didn't make the
loom or cut off the ends, but I did weave on it and it was a lot of
fun.  I remember one time, I didn't have enough thin yarn, so I
finished with a thicker one.  The texture was different and though the
two didn't really go together, it was an interesting experiment and I
learned about different fabrics.  But I never knew what to do with the
square of fabric once it was completed, since it wasn't really good
for anything.  I was never the type for dolls, so it didn't cross my
mind to use it as a blanket.  I've also worked on another type of
loom, this one being a real one that sat on a table  It wasn't a floor
loom but it wasn't flat like these either.  I used it to make a belt.
I own a lap loom but have no clue where it is and no idea how to set
it up.  Still, it would be really great to start weaving once more.