[Nfb-krafters-korner] quilt blocks

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Fri Mar 4 17:12:37 UTC 2011

Quilt blocks or quilt tops you can sew by hand.  I new this friend of  my
Mom's that sewed quilts by hand.  One of them that I did try was the
Cathedral  window.  You start off with a large square of muslin and  sew a couple
of short edges by hand or machine and then it comes out to be a  smaller
square.with seams working out in 4 directions on the back from  center.  You
then place in the center of this square a smaller square of  colorful fabric.[I
purchased 10 inch squares from a quilt shop[Keepsake Quilting  online].  I
would cut the 10 inch square into 4 equal squares.[2 1/2 inche  square]  I
think I used 9 inch muslin squares, but don't hold me to it.]  Then by hand
you take the outer edges of the muslin square [which are folded  edges] and
by hand sew these rounded edges to the colorful edges or like 1/4  inch in
and whip stitch it down.  OH I forgot once the colorful square is  pinned in
the center of the square you bring the 4 corners of the muslin block  and
tack it down in the center.