[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT I Pad and netbook

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Fri Mar 11 05:52:33 UTC 2011

I need some info and your thoughts on this please:

I know that an I Pad is just like an I phone but you can use the I Pad with
 your Why5 or what ever you call the wireless internet in the house.  I
also  believe you can get all the aps for the I Pad that they have for the I
phone.  [Is this correct?]

The talk all seems to be about the I Pad and I even heard a comment that it
 will be replacing the lap tops.  Have you heard anything like this?

Now I need some info on net books.  Can you get a netbook to work  JAWS?
How can you get it into the netbook, as I thought it does not have a  cd
drive on it.  I know you can purchase an external cd drive, but it seems  like
that is over kill and money you saved on the netbook you put back in.

I would like to be able to use this for reading email, access to the
internett and to listen to music.  I have played with an I phone and I know
there is a lot of apps that can do lots of things and you don't need a keyboard
to do it.  While down in Baltimore the group was all talking about using
the aps for Dragon Dictate to type instead of the picture and touching the
screen.  I am trying to decide if I want an I Pad or netbook or  laptop.  I
thought I wanted an I phone, but I really am home most of the  time so the I
Phone may not be the best, besides that would be a monthly fee for  the
internet and phone service. [$30 per month for each phone][my John already  pays
that for his]    So I have to decide to save more for the I  Pad or get the
other.