[Nfb-krafters-korner] iPhone Touch Typing

Dixie blueherons at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 13 01:56:19 UTC 2011

The rotor is a virtual dial one can turn to make choices.

To activate your rotor hold your pointer and middle fingers against the
screen of the phone.  Then twist them as if you are turning a dial.  I found
the easiest way to learn this gesture was to hold my fingers in place and
turn the phone.  So if your phone is facing narrow end towards you, holding
the phone in your left hand, and with the tips of your right pointer, and
middle fingers touching the screen of your phone,  Turn, or rotate  the
phone so the long side is facing you.  You will hear the rotor speak the
setting choices. Then when you find a setting you need to change, flick one
finger up or down on the screen to change to the appropriate one.

Then touch the screen in any place and it will turn off the rotor.

 The different options for setting choices can be added to under the
settings menu, under accessibility.

For example you can add different voices, I have American English, British
English and Australian English.

There are also choices for web browsing, so if you want to be able to browse
by link, or unread link, or prior visited link, and that type of thing,  all
those kinds of choices can be added to your rotor.

 Dixie