[Nfb-krafters-korner] Need Sewing Machine Recommendations

Eleni Vamvakari magkisa83 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 21:00:00 UTC 2011

The other night, I found an excellent page on selecting a treadle
sewing machine.

http://www.treadleon.net/sewingmachineshop/treadles/selectingtreadle.html

Not only do they talk about how to go about selecting one, as in what
to look for with quality, parts etc. but they also give several
wonderful suggestions on which machines to seek out.  This is
extremely helpful for me, as there are literally hundreds on Ebay
alone.  I found several of the machines referenced here but some don't
have their cabinets.  They recommend buying ones tht have them, but
the ones without are cheaper and some are in good working condition.
So is a cabinet an essential part of the machine or is it decorative
and/or good for protecting it?  Ramona, thanks for your offer to help
me.  I'll be getting a landline this week, so can start making calls
before 9 PM EST on week nights.  Weekends are fine both for mobile and
landline use.

Thanks,
Eleni