[Nfb-krafters-korner] Question of the week

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Tue Mar 29 12:54:22 UTC 2011

I have many, many projects going at a time.  My main reason for this is that I find a fealing of accomplishment by creating many items out of plastic camvas and then going back and putting them together.  I create many of an item and then go back and then put the edging or put the item together.  I find this method faster than making one item all the way to completion.  I also have a time frame for my plastic camvas, because I am getting ready for National convention and posiblely state and a craft fair at work.  The one at work was not successful last year, but I might give it a shot, again.  I am also making 2 scarves, one knitted, for the church and learning the kk loom by making the other.  I am also making a baby blanket, which has a deadline of July.  I am also learning safety pin beading, so you can see, my life is surrounded by crafts.  My plastic camvas goes with me to work, almost every day.  I need something to do, just in case I have to watch the phones in another office, where I would not have computer access.  I designed a majority of my items myself. I would say, my scarves and safety pin beading, do not have deadlines, because I have the brailled directions to refer to.  I even came across the pieces of two tissue boxes, that never got put together, last year.  I preserve all my work in plastic bags, to keep them clean, for finishing or for sale.

terry P.

Theresa L. Powers (Terry)
Grants Clerk
Tobacco Control Research Branch