[Nfb-krafters-korner] Favorite sources of yarn

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Mon May 2 20:43:21 UTC 2011

My latest FAV is WEBS....and I have bought some great yarns there the past
few months. Another two FAVs are:  www.elann.com where I can get great yarn
and patterns to go with the yarn together so I am never wondering just what
pattern what yarn to get for what pattern, I buy them together. The other is
www.yarnmarket.com and I buy a lot of really fine yarns there, needles, etc.
There is a Vermont yarn that I am crazy about, and it is Cherry Tree Hill
because it is hand made, hand dyed yarn. You can find it at this spot:
www.kaliedascope.com
(If I spelled that right?)  The Cherry Tree Hill Merino Boucle is to die
for! It is light as a feather and knits into this glorious cloth that you
can barely tell you are wearing, and is so warm and nice. It is approx. $60.
per hank - and soooo worth it.  And the cherry Tree Hill Cotton Sock Yarn is
magnificent. It is about $20. per skein and worth every penny of it. I am
not a bargain knitter but want yarns that are as special as a hand knit item
can be. I do sometimes buy a yarn at JoAnns and make things, too, though, so
I am not a yarn snob - or not quite so much. Lynda River Woman