[Nfb-krafters-korner] O T, question to other caregivers

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Thu May 5 13:56:46 UTC 2011

Depending how often it has to be changed, when my grand mother was with all of us, we had a nurse come 2 or 3 times a week to change her cathiter and bathe her.  I think a pick line stays in the arm and the drip bag is changed x number of hours.  I was in the hospital with celulitis and had an iv.  She may need a nurse to show her a few times, but I think she can do it.  Suggest that she try it with the nurses in the hospital.  I am pretty sure the meds would be premeasured. How else would they get the medicine in the drip bag.  They never measured anything in my room.  We have blind doctors, so I have comfidence that she can learn to be a good at home nurce.

Terry Powers