[Nfb-krafters-korner] Blind Photographers, Digital Cameras and Knifty Knitter

Karen butterfly05 at earthlink.net
Mon May 9 03:18:10 UTC 2011

Hi, Does anyone have information about purchasing an easy-to-use digital
camera? Is it possible to complete basic tasks such as selecting the needed
image format and quality, manipulating the photo size and determining if the
picture is oriented correctly? An article was posted here recently about a
blind photographer and it got me thinking about the equipment he might be
using. I'm interested in discovering the most affordable and accessible
options.

Thanks so much to everyone who responded to my question about the paper
cutter. I found one that has a blade that cuts on the edge which allows me
to fold the paper where I need a cut, line it up and mark the cutter with
dymo tape. It has a finger guard and is working out well.

To everyone who has helped me with the Knifty Knitter, I am almost finished
with my first skein. I have made four baby washcloths. They are not perfect
but after several startup disasters and completely unraveling two that were
nearly finished, they are usable. It is amazing how easily all that work
will unravel. It's all part of the learning process I guess.

My aunt just sent me a big box of yarn saying my grandmother would be
thrilled I was taking up knitting and would want me to have it. I gather she
has quite a supply of yarn she and my grandmother have bought over the
years. This may be the motivation I need to attempt a larger project. The e
stitch I can do now but I would like to learn the knit and pearl.

Hope everyone had a good weekend,

Karen