[Nfb-krafters-korner] Blind Photographers, Digital Cameras and Knifty Knitter

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Tue May 10 11:18:29 UTC 2011

That is a great idea to put things on video with the voice identifying what
is there.
Today is day 5 on my new project _113 Photos in 113 Days_ Yesterday's photo
was a close shot of my very old, and very large White Lilac bush in full
bloom - I zeroed in and just photographed a couple of branches with the
enormous flowers plunging forward towards the viewer. Today, who knows? I
just carry my camera out and about with me, and take some photos, then when
putting them onto the computer I go with the one that seems to be the most
interesting and that defines a moment of my day. This is fun. And, I was
thinking, I need to print out the photo each day, put it in an archival
sheet and into a binder - I like REAL photos - ones that someone can hold in
the hand and look at any time. Photos and books are like that - the touch of
them, the smell, and the heft in the hand - nothing can take the place of
the real thing. They are objects, and works of art. My greatest loss is that
I can not hold my books in my hand and enjoy being a part of them as I used
to do. But, I still like to own then, have them on my shelves, and hold
them, and know they are there for anyone else to enjoy at any time.  I love
books!

Lynda River Woman