[Nfb-krafters-korner] FW: summer fun with Kids

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Wed May 11 13:54:24 UTC 2011

Another one...

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Henrietta Brewer
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 8:28 PM
To: List for blind crafters and artists
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] summer fun with Kids

Hi Dixie
That sounds like the cutest costume.

Now for the coffee filters. You took one of my activities for next week. lol

So here goes:

Coffee filters are made to absorb fluids.  Water color markers and
made to wash off.  Put the two together and you have a wonderful
lesson in color.

Take a dark water based, not permanent, marker and color in the
center of a coffee filter.  Set the filter in a wet plate. Just
enough water to moisten the filter.  As the water absorbs into the
filter the colors will run.  YOu will see all the colors used to make
the marker.  So purple or brown make lots of colors.  You can use a
couple colors.  Even the primary colors usually have other tints in
them but more complex colors work well.

And, Yes, Dixie, They will work wonderfully to make the clothes pin
butterflies. lol

Henrietta
~I wish you enough~