[Nfb-krafters-korner] Touch of Yarn

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Mon May 16 15:05:41 UTC 2011

Maybe you can exchange it.

Terry Powers

-----Original Message-----
From: River Woman [mailto:riverwoman at zoominternet.net]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2011 8:35 PM
To: List for blind crafters and artists
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Touch of Yarn

I thought the book would include visuals AND verbal descriptions - like any other book I would purchase. Just wanted to let anyone else know there is nothing but TEXT in it so to save a world of time and effort, I would have bought the downloadable one instead of the large print one. I cannot read the print at all, and will have to scan every page and use JAWS to read it - I HATE to do that!  So much time and effort, when I could have just seen the visuals with my CCTV instead. So, if anyone else out there plans to get this book, just want to let you know it is text only so you don't have to scan it all like I will have to do.

to make this book more marketable the author definitely needs to include the sighted world into the context of the book - would make sales much higher if the book was accessable to blind and sighted folks alike. That would be SO EASY to do -

Obviously, when the book is publised in 18 point text, one would expect the book to be sold to people who can read 18 point text and therefore would expect PHOTOs or illustrations. Does not make sense otherwise.

I am disappointed to say the least.  It was expensive. Would have been less expensive to just buy the downloadable version and I would have done that if I had known up front.  Just sayin.

Lynda River Woman