[Nfb-krafters-korner] Hello everybody!

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Wed May 18 12:03:26 UTC 2011

Do you think he might want to make a pillow for his room.  It is easy.  Get two wash cloths with some character of his choice.  I did one of Snoopy in the grass.  Buy matching yarn.  I used black because the snoopy was outlined in black.  Wrap the yarn around a piece of cardboard, equal to the size you want your fringe to be.  If you want 2 inches, then the cardboard should be 2 inches across.  Cut the yarn once, so each piece is 4 inches or double the length you want your fringe to be.  Pin each of the 4 corners together with safty pins.  With a medium chrochet hook, go through both wash cloths right under the thick edging around the cloth.  Put the center of 3 strands of yarn on the hook, pull back so you have three loops and 6 even strands of yarn.  Put the even strands of yarn through the loops and pull.  You have now made your first piece of fringe.  Repeat until you have 3 inches left.  Stuff pillow.  Pin closed and fringe the rest.  Before stuffing, remember to remove pins.  Happy pillow making.

Terry P.