[Nfb-krafters-korner] Fwd: [Chapter-presidents] Please Participate in the Adult Rehabilitation and ...

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed May 18 22:37:26 UTC 2011

____________________________________
 From: JEwell at nfb.org
To:  Chapter-Presidents at NFBNet.org
CC: EBell at latech.edu,  MRiccobono at nfb.org
Sent: 5/18/2011 1:59:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight  Time
Subj: [Chapter-presidents] Please Participate in the Adult  Rehabilitation
and Employment Survey and Circulate to Your Members

The following invitation  comes from Eddie Bell, director of the
Professional Development and Research  Institute on Blindness at Louisiana Tech
University.
Dear Chapter  President:
By now, you have  probably heard of the Adult Rehabilitation and Employment
Survey (ARES) that  is being conducted by the Professional Development and
Research Institute on  Blindness at Louisiana Tech University. If you have
participated in  this survey, thank you very much for your help.
To date, we have  collected complete responses from 597individuals, both me
n and women. These  individuals report being members of the ACB, the NFB,
both ACB and NFB, or who  do not affiliate with any organization of the blind.
The respondents also  represent a cross-section of society with respect to
their having gone to  college, received training, involvement in community
programs, and  participation in the workforce. This means that we are already
collecting data  from a great cross-section of society, which is a very
good thing.
However, for this  study to have really meaningful results, we need to
reach more blind adults  who can share their experiences. This invitation is
being sent to you in the  hope that you will be willing to share this
information with all adults who  are blind/visually impaired and who are of working
age. Because of your  position, you may be able to forward this onto other
email lists, read it at  your chapter meetings, and share with any other
blind/visually impaired adults  you may know.
For your  convenience, we have two options to complete the survey. They
are:
1. Go to _www.pdrib.com/ares_ (http://www.pdrib.com/ares)  and complete the
 survey online.
2. You can contact  our office and someone will take your responses over
the phone. You can call  318-257-4554, or e-mail _dseilhan at latech.edu_
(mailto:dseilhan at latech.edu)  to make these  arrangements.
This survey should  not take more than ten minutes of your time. All of
your responses will be  kept strictly confidential—no information you share
will be released about you  in any form. This is entirely voluntary, and you
may exit out of the survey at  any time. Your experiences are very important
to us, and if you do exit the  survey, your information will not be used, so
we appreciate your cooperation.
We cannot thank you  enough for your time and attention to our work. For
those who do participate  in this survey, you will be entered into a drawing
where 5 individuals will  win a $100 VISA gift card. So, take ten minutes to
share your experiences with  us and get a chance to win!
Any questions about  the survey, contact Dr. Edward Bell, 318-257-4554,
ebell at latech.edu.

Chapter-presidents  mailing  list
Chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org