[Nfb-krafters-korner] Hello everybody!

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Fri May 20 19:22:25 UTC 2011

When Willie comes out and tells you things like you do it because you can
see and do it faster, you need to encourage him to do it himself.  Make a
fuss over his accomplishments.  As it is easy to sit back and let others do
it, but doing it himself will get him thinking about how to do it himself.
Problem solving is a part of life.

When I first went blind my family and friends tend to do everything for
me.  Man it made me feel so helpless.  It does take longer for me to  do some
things, but practice makes things go faster.  We all need practice  and the
chance to figure it out.  Sometimes I enjoy the thought process  more then
doing the job.  It gives me the challenge of thinking out how I  can do it
and what tools or whatever I might need to help me do it.  My  satisfaction is
that I CAN DO IT!

In a message dated 5/20/2011 2:31:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,