[Nfb-krafters-korner] storing needles

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Mon May 23 14:26:24 UTC 2011

This lovely lady gave me this really cool roll where you store knitting
needles.  I did not measure it, so my inches are off.  The cloth roll is
about twenty inches wide and a bit taller than a knitting needle.  There are
two pieces of heavy cloth sown together.  The inside piece is shorter and
has sewn pockets long and narrow for the needles to slip into.  I have them
organized from the smallest size on the left to a broomstick needle on the
right.  Broomstick needles are very thick and about the thickness of a, you
got it, a broomstick.  It is shaped like a knitting needle on steroids,
giggle.

The roll has a ribbon to hold it together sewn on the outside fabric. It
does a good job of holding the needles secure, well if you tie it fairly
tightly.  One day I dropped it out of my hand and all the needles stayed in
place.

For my crochet hooks I have a cute coffee cup I keep them in.  My tiny hooks
are in a cigar holder.  Cigar holders are great for taking your crochet
hooks with you.  Um, ur, cough cough, don't use glass cigar holders. One
sort of broke and well I had quite a problem getting the glass out of my
nearly completed hat.  Glass and yarn just cuddle up together like long lost
lovers, grimmus.  Plus the yarn was fuzzy.  I can't spell the kind of fuzzy
yarn shunnele.  Well that is close anyway to the spelling.

My cro-hooks and Afghan needles are in a tall jar on my desk.

There is a project for you wood workers on list.  Email me and we can
brainstorm on making a box for crochet hooks and tiny du dads..

b.butterfly at comcast.net

But hey I am open to storage ideas for my hundreds of needles.

Becky and guide dog Jake