[Nfb-krafters-korner] Looms

Tanya Wheatley blind_quilter at msn.com
Wed Nov 2 02:53:44 UTC 2011

Thank you, Ramona. I do understand that not everyone will greet me and I am
fine with that.

As for the looms, yes, they are knitting looms. I have the KK looms, both
round and long. I also have looms from DA Looms, CinDWood Crafts and
Authentic Knitting Board.

The DA Looms come in many different sizes and gauges. Yes, there are
different gauges with knitting looms, too. I have three sock knitters in
fine gauge and a double rake in the fine gauge. I have one hat loom in extra
small gauge and an afghan in extra small gauge. The thing I like about these
smaller gauge looms is that you can use one strand of worsted weight yarn on
them and it does not give you a flimsy fabric.

I have two afghan looms from CinDWood Crafts, a 60 inch double rake and a 48
inch universal loom. The universal loom can be used to single knit and it
comes out to measure approximately 96 inches. The looms are regular gauge,
which is equal to about a size 10 knitting needle in U.S. measurements.

I also have an adjustable sock loom from AKB, Authentic Knitting Board. This
loom has a side piece called a slider which can be moved to create different
sized socks. This is a fine gauge loom, too.

If you have any specific questions about any of the looms, please do let me
know.

Tanya
Louisville, KY
blind_quilter at msn.com