[Nfb-krafters-korner] Knifty Knitter treat bag

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Fri Nov 4 15:47:09 UTC 2011

Thanks Ohio!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Ohio Gardener
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:07 PM
To: 'List for blind crafters and artists'
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Knifty Knitter treat bag

Hello all,

The treat bag pattern didn't read correctly for me using the default
program, but Kurzweil read it fine.

Treat bag instructions are pasted in below and file in .rtf is also
attached.

Ohio

By: Stephanie Knight

Materials:
Knifty Knitter Bue Round Loom	Tapestry Needle
Wool Ease Thick & Quick in Back and	Scissors
Pumpkin

Cast On:   (Back)
Row 1: Cable cast-on or E-wrap twice & Knit Off (KO)
Row 2: E-wrap & KO
Row 3: Move every other loop to the next peg for Eyelet hoes then E-wrap ALL
pegs and
KO 2 over 1 on pegs with 3 oops (This creates holes for drawstring to be
added after)
Row 4: E-wrap & KO

Change colors:   Cut black yarn leaving min. 6 inch tail... Start wrapping
with orange
yarn leaving min. 6 inch tail.
SUGGESTION:   tie the two tails together in a bow to keep them together &
out of the
way.

Rows 5-20: E-wrap and KO (equivalent to 15 rows in Thick & Quick Pumpkin)

Gathered Bind Off:  Wrap the working yarn 1 Vi -2 times around the whole
loom to make sure there's enough slack.   Cut.  Thread yarn tail onto
tapestry needle and starting with peg one catch al loops by coming UP
through loop on each peg. Leave the oops on the pegs until they have ALL
been gathered onto the long yarn tail then slip each loop off of the pegs
and the loom.   Pull the working yarn tail tight and secure the base of the
bag.  Weave in al tail ends (Four ends - 2 black, 2 pumpkin). SUGGESTION:
Add some cross over stitches to insure the center hoe is closed.

Chain + or I-cord drawstring: Weave through eyelet holes and seam, slip
stitch join, or tie ends of drawstring together.   Cinch to close bag -
which ago forms the pumpkin effect.

HINT: Using other holiday colors this effect can ago represent a bal
ornament.

C Copyright 2006 Stephanie Knight