[Nfb-krafters-korner] the kiln gods were dancing with glee

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Fri Nov 4 20:42:09 UTC 2011

I did think of that, but really, you cannot do it. These are high fired, and
the shrinkage is quite a bit and you would never be able to match them up
with size or even the glazes. Every firing brings different results in the
glazes and the shrinkage.  But, they are really BEAUTIFUL as footed boxes
and they are OUT for sale at the Christmas Market that I do with artist
friends every year. I put up my display this morning, and they look
wonderful and NOBODY would EVER know they were not supposed to be just as
they are. They look really ELEGANT there with the rest of my display. And, I
will SHOOT BOB, if he even mentions LIDS around ANY one.  haha

I just came back from the studio and I have SIX Forest Sprit Plates out
there all covered up to rest for a few days. This will be OUR first project
in January that I will teach for the KK...They are really BEATU"IFUL and you
cannot make a mistake when you make one as you will see when you take my
class.  :)

Lynda River Woman

Lynda River Woman