[Nfb-krafters-korner] National Federation of the Blind Partners with Sant...

Henrietta Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Tue Nov 15 23:14:53 UTC 2011

Hi Joyce and all,
I spent the weekend emailing back and forth with Willy and Dick. Willy has moved two hours away from his Uncle and Dick has had computer issues that left him out of most of his lists. But they are getting on track.

Willy made the bread dough clay this weekend and the two of them got terribly messy. Willy told me he wouldn't be afraid of getting dirty anymore.

They walked to the park several times and some kids asked about Willy's cane. When he explained the kids thought it was really cool and later some adults stopped and told Willy how grown up he looked walking on his own with the cane. Willy feels a lot better about the cane now but wasn't totally happy about leading the way to the park. However, he wants to learn to go to the ice cream shop a couple blocks away by himself.
He has no computer skills so Dick wrote his note. But the school is really teaching braille and that is a very good thing.

I haven't heard from Dick before this weekend so not sure if he will be back on the list someday or what. But here is a bit of an update.
Henrietta