[Nfb-krafters-korner] Monitoring someone with low vision

Dixie blueherons at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 15 23:57:07 UTC 2011

I am enjoying reading this...  It is interesting to hear that we have all
sort of figured out the toothpaste dilemma basically  with the same outcome.
I first started by putting the toothpaste onto the tip of my finger like I
used to do on my toothbrush, now, it is just so much easier to just squeeze
it right into the mouth!
Two of the most challenging things for me, about being blind and doing
things blindly during my adjustment  to overnight blindness were: putting
razor blade to leg, and plugging in electrical cords into the flat GFI
outlets.

So many people say how they would just curl up in a corner and feel sorry
for themselves if they went blind.  My response to that is that we only have
one life.  This is not a dress rehearsal.  If I were to do that I would only
be hurting myself and the ones who are around me and love me the most.
Instead, I choose to live the life the good Lord has given me, and be
thankful for the gifts He continues to give me.

I am abundantly blessed, and as the song says, I once was blind, but now I
see!  I see many things so much clearer now that I am not using my eyes.

 Dixie who just started a new group.  For anyone who is a blind spinner,
please join us at
blindspinners at yahoogroups.com