[Nfb-krafters-korner] Bolek and tree kits

Ohio Gardener flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 21:34:38 UTC 2011

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you all know that I called Bolek today and they were
happy to send me the beads missing from my kit free of charge or shipping.
They said they will send them right out, so I will be good to go.

Today my husband and I worked on row three of the pins. It was puzzling to
us to find that the directions didn't work out and we ended up having to
adjust the pattern.

You see what happened was that we had eight pins in row one, and 16 in row
two, then 24 in row three. This made sense to us because row two had a 1 1
pattern, while row 3 had a 2 and 1 pattern. However, the perplexity came
when the instructions said to begin at the marker pin, which in our case was
seven pins into the row. When we did the pattern in this way, we ran out of
pins in row two to connect with, before we ran out of c pins. All we could
think to do was to start at the beginning of the row, which enabled us to
follow the pattern correctly.  The tree is now looking like a tree, but
maybe the color pattern is not quite right.
Another thing we neglected to do until row 3 was completed was to connect
the two ends of row two. Could it be that  this was the problem?

Anyway, If anyone out there can figure out what if anything we are not
understanding, i.e. how we can start in seven pins and still end with all
pins used, please let me know. we will work it over again. I did talk to
Theresa on the phone about this, but I believe I was unable to explain our
puzzlement clearly. I often write better than I speak.

Also, just as a note from a newbee, I believe I would have preferred not to
have laid the pins out before starting the row. If I'd done the project
alone, it would have been difficult to keep the pins straight while fooling
with the wire, that is even  if My cat hadn't been up on my dining room
table, very interested in what we were doing. Taking them one by one from my
bag would have been easier and "safer" for me I believe.

Thanks,

Ohio