[Nfb-krafters-korner] Thanksgiving dinner tips

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Wed Nov 23 20:29:29 UTC 2011

Thanksgiving Turkey cooking tips, courtesy of some Norfolk, Nebraska first graders.

Here are some of them:

You have to get a turkey from the woods. Take off the feathers. Put it in the oven for one minute. Then the turkey is done and we can eat it.

You put spice in the turkey. And then you cut up the turkey. You put it in the oven for 30 minutes. Take it out and you can eat it.

You hunt and kill the turkey in the field. You take away the feather and you bake it for 10 minutes. You take it out and you eat it.

Go to Walmart and pick out a turkey. It should be 10 pounds. Clean the turkey in the sink. Cook it for 10 minutes. Make potatoes, grapes, corn and hash browns. Take it out of the oven and season it. Get silverware out. Wait for the guests. When they get there, you can eat.

You can shoot it or go to Hy-Vee and buy it. It should be 50 pounds. You warm it up, you take some stuff out of the turkey. Put it in the oven for 70 hours. We cut it up and put it on a special plate. And then we eat it.

We hunt for the turkey and we shoot it. Bring the turkey home. Take off the feathers. Put it in the oven in a big bowl. Put it in the oven for 10 minutes. We put stuff on top so it will be good. Then we eat it.

You catch it in a turkey barn. You shoot it. Then you cook it. Then you eat it.

You put the turkey in the oven. Turn it to five degrees and cook it for 10 hours. Get it out. Take the metal off the legs. You eat it.

First, you buy it from the store. Then, you put it in the oven for two whole seconds. Then, you can have your holiday!

First, you salt it and then you get the turkey and put it in the oven for 10 minutes and it is hot.

First, you put it in the oven. You wait for it to cook, 50 seconds. And then I eat it all gone.

Bon Appetit & Happy Thanksgiving!!

Cindy