[Nfb-krafters-korner] Using braille in crafts, was, Re: more picture info

slerythema slerythema at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 18:55:09 UTC 2011

Lynda,

You missed my point. I don't care if you use braille in your daily life or
to accomplish things, that it is your choice. I also don't care if you ever
use in braille in your artwork, again, that is your choice.

The whole point that I was trying to make is that braille can be used in any
artwork without it having to be a literary means of communication. Anyone
can derive beauty from braille whether they can read it or not, the braille
does not even have to be actual words. Your statement that I was commenting
on conveyed the meaning that braille was useless in any art form if you
couldn't read it. There are many people in this world that find beauty in
braille that are sighted and see it only in an aesthetic way. I want others
on this list to realize that braille is not simply for the blind and only a
means of literacy.

Cindy S.