[Nfb-krafters-korner] pottery class

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Mon Oct 17 11:24:25 UTC 2011

Just a reminder if you are going to do the pottery class in January:  Now is the perfect time to gather leaves that you can use for making leaf images in your clay for our class.

Yesterday, I went outside with my basket and gathered a basket full of leaves. You want fresh ones that are supple, not the crumpled up dried up ones.

I placed them between sheets of waxed paper - on a towel that was covered with paper towels. Then, I ironed them between the sheets of waxed paper. This puts a waxy layer on the leaves and keeps them nice till you are ready to use them. After I ironed them, I put them between the pages of a catalog that I had here. They wil be just right when I need to use them later on.

Gather a good amount of leaves now for use in January for our first project with clay. Here in PA the leaves are falling quickly each day and I won't have much more time to gather them.  I am still waiting for the golden showers to begin - my ginkgo tree will shed all it's leaves at one time, in about a 10 minute span.  It is an amazing thing to experience. And, the leaves are brilliant yellow when they fall. These are my favorite leaves to use in my pottery. Have fun gathering and pressing your leaves for our project.
Lynda Lambert
104 River Road
Ellwood City, PA 16117

724 758 4979