[Nfb-krafters-korner] pottery class

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Mon Oct 17 12:26:24 UTC 2011

Kestrell,

It has not been announced yet. I am just giving a "heads up" notice so that
the people who want to do the first project will have the leaves they will
need to do it with. The class won't be till after the first of the year so
it will be announced at a later date.

We will be having a pottery discussion or two in November though. This will
be for information and just to explore the world of pottery a little bit.
Joselli will talk about the non-fire clays and I wll talk about traditional
kiln-fired clays. Joyce will announce those - they will be in the form of
"chats." People who might want to take the class can be part of the chats,
too, of course. Stay tuned for more information on these things.

If there is interest, I have volunteered to teach three different clay
projects next year.  I want to teach:

1.)   How to make a "forest spirit plate" with Nature impresions in the clay
2.)    How to make a cylinder vase with impressions on it
3.)  How to make a "Spirit Treasure Box" with lid - impressions are ok for
this one, too.

You will be able to use the leaves in all three projects - so gather a LOT
of leaves, press them between sheets of waxed aper with a hot iron, and put
them in a thick book to keep them flat till time to use them. Do this now.

Lynda River Woman