[Nfb-krafters-korner] pottery class

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Mon Oct 17 18:22:44 UTC 2011

the GINGKO tree comes from China. It is very hearty and just about nothing
can cause it harm - it is very slow growing, and majestic. I have the only
one in my area as far as I know. I planted it over 40 years ago, from a
little broomstick of a start that I bought from Springhill Nursery for $10.
It was an enormous amount of money for me to speend at that time as it would
have bought our groceries for a week. My husband was quite irritated with me
at that time - but, in the end it was a magnificent investment in a
beautiful piece of ART for the yard that is loved and admired by people who
pass by. I love this tree - my favorite tree. The leaves are shaped like a
Japanese FAN - a perfect little FAN, with a long graceful slender stem.