[Nfb-krafters-korner] It is your fault...

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Mon Oct 24 20:48:40 UTC 2011

OK now I have to blame someone so it is going to be everyone on this  list.
 With all the talk about Featherweights and the prices of them, I  just
wandered  over to EBay and was kinda cruising thru the Featherweight  listings.
 Well I was interested in seeing what a Featherweight that has a  zigzag
stitch was going for.  I did not come across one of those and I did  not go
thru the 450 listings, but after 100 of them I zipped over and hit the  NEW
button.  I did not come up with a new one, but I did find a deal that I  went
back 3 times to read over and it is all your fault that I hit the Buy It
button!

It is suppose to be an old Featherweight that just straight stitches made
back in the 30's and they claim it runs well.  What kinda got me and I
might be a fool since I couldn't see any pictures, but they did have like 5
pictures posted.  So I figured if they took that many pictures they are not
trying to hide anything.  They said, "ANTIQUE BLACK SINGER SEWING MACHINE FROM
THE 1930s EXCELLENT  CONDITION ON AN OAK WOOD STAND. "  Now I see why no
one made a bid on  it as it was marked as "New"  which means brand new.  So
that pulls it  out of the "used category and antique catagory, too.  Now why I
didn't even  make an offer and just bought it was due to the cost and the
shipping.   They wanted $99 and shipping is free.  So not paying for any
shipping and  they are including a wooden stand , that did it.  I figured my
daughter  might never sew as she hasn't shown any interest up to this point,
but my son  has 3 Princesses and heck these little Featherweights are made out
of metal and  they are a sure sturdy machine so I can always teach them on
one of the  Featherweights.

Remember it is your fault and that  is what I will tell my husband, John.