[Nfb-krafters-korner] another KK loom question

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Wed Oct 26 16:19:00 UTC 2011

Ohiogardner,

By your description you are wrapping the pegs the wrong way or I think you are.  What you want to check is to see if you're the yarn that is between the pegs is on the inside of the loom or is it running on the outside of the loom?  The yarn between the pegs when you go from peg one to peg two should be on the inside of the loom.  Let's start there!

Now, after you have wrapped the yarn around the loom the first time, wrap around a second time.  STOP!  Anchor your working yarn!

Now you need to knit off which means you do nothing with your working yarn at this point.  It is anchored and left alone.

Take the bottom loop on the peg and lift it over the top loop.  Pushing the top loop down.  Now that loop becomes your bottom loop.  You need to Knit all the pegs off (all 24 of them).

Then, unhook the working yarn and wrap all 24 pegs again.  This will give you two loops on each peg again. Then knit them off as described above.  You are taking the lower loop up and over the top loop and off the peg.

When you get further along you might wrap three times and bring the bottom loop of the top two loops, but not in the beginning.

Give it a try and let me know how you do.

Cindy Z.