[Nfb-krafters-korner] {Disarmed} dehydrating listmightbeinteresting to some

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu Sep 1 22:25:22 UTC 2011

What do you   powder it with?

In a message dated 9/1/2011 5:58:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gary.brewer at comcast.net writes:

Oh, my  green jar is mostly kale and swiss chard. There is some spinach,
broccoli, and  even a bit of lettuce.  Anything green goes in my green jar. I
just dry  it, powder it and use it in meatloaf, tomato sauces, or anything I
can hide  those good for you veggie in.

Yes, you can season zucini with lots of  different seasoning. Maybe a bbq
flavor or even cinnamon. that is good  snacking especially low in calories
and carbs.

Oh, doing cherries? I  don't enjoy pitting them. lol

But I did a ton of zucini today. I grated  it all and it is dehydrating
today. I think I will powder it and give it as  gifts this year. I have a
couple of girl friends who would enjoy it.  Especially the friend who gave me the
stuff because she wasn't in the mood to  grate it. lol
Henrietta
On Sep 1, 2011, at 8:35 AM, Pretty Crafty Kitty  wrote:

> Guess sealed jars would help keep bugs out. We found that  we were
keeping our bird seed in the house and it was causing
> those  pesky bugs to get into everything. We keep most o fit outside now.
>
> Someone said something about putting some fresh holy basil leaves in  the
cabinet and letting them dry in there and that
> would keep them  out. I haven't tried that yet.
>
> We have them on the table so  David can watch for moisture more easily.
In a month or so we will move them  to the cabinet
> in the basement where we have our canned foods. Or at  least this is what
I thought.

> I have dried some zucchini. It  is actually sweet afterwards and seems
when fresh and crisp to have less of a  zucchini
> taste. I salted some and not some and I think the salted ones  taste
better as a snack. We have them in a container on
> the counter  and we have slowly been eating them. I guess it is time to
make more since I  have plenty. Plus David bought
> some cherries yesterday so I'll dry a  cookie sheet or two more of those.
Enough to fill the jar I started.

> I have never thought about drying greens. What about kale and chard?  I
may have to do some of that too.