[Nfb-krafters-korner] {Disarmed} dehydratinglistmightbeinteresting to some

Henrietta Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Fri Sep 2 17:43:00 UTC 2011

Hi,
I add the flavors before I dry. Just like you did.  I used my juicer with the blank attachment to grate the zucchini this time. It really went fast and not so messy. Usually I use the grating attachment on my mixer.  I put the grated stuff in a strainer and let some of the juices drain off. You could save those juices for soups. I am thinking, oh no, that isn't good, that next time I get a few zucchini I will add some sugar free jello before dehydrating. My Husband is having an awful time with what he can not eat right now. That might make a good sweet and healthy snack. I told myself I would not do any more and here I am addicted again. I was so tired after the zucchini and making a gallon of sweet pickles last night. lol

That is how I pit cherries too. But when I am done with the work my fingers ache so much. I hear there is a cherry pitter but never got one.
Henrietta