[Nfb-krafters-korner] Crazy Quilting

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Sep 7 15:30:02 UTC 2011

Have any of you heard of Crazy Quilt?  I had done some poking around
several years back on this and fooled with some blocks.  I don't know a lot
about it and would like to learn more.  So how about having a discussion in
October?  Those of you who know anything about it can come and share.   Those
who don't know, but willing to do some research on surfing the net and
finding what you can about it can come and share that.

I found a wonderful website that has descriptions of how to do different
embroidery stitches that people use on the crazy quilts.

_http://inaminuteago.com/stitchindex.html_
(http://inaminuteago.com/stitchindex.html)

Let's plan a Monday Night Discussion in October and maybe we can do a
quilting class or have a quilting chat after the first of the year.

Let me know your thoughts on this.  Quilting does not need to be done  just
by machine many folks hand sew their pieces together.

Just a note:  Crazy Quilts are made by sewing pieces of fabric to a
foundation piece.  It can be done by squares or sewing it to one large  foundation
piece.  You can use an array of different fabrics and you can  create
patterns and designs or justrandomly sew the pieces on.  Then you  adorn it by
embellishing it with embroidery, buttons, bows, lace as much or as  little as
you want.