[Nfb-krafters-korner] Janome DC2010 sowing machine

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sat Sep 10 00:30:45 UTC 2011

I do not know anything about this machine, but I do have a lot of sewing
machines and let me comment on what you have said about this machine.

I have a Bernina that does have a self needle threading  feature that
worked similar to what was said, but it does not work any more.  It was a
plastic part and did not stand up to me trying to thread it.  I do have  some
large needle threaders that I had gotten that works much better then those
little needle threaders.  The metal disc is about the size of a half dollar
coin and the wire is probably almost 1 inch that extends beyond the metal
disc.  I can actually put it thru the needle and stand it up while I use  both
hands to put the thread thru the wire.

I have a singer machine that has the 2 speeds to sew with.  That is  nice
when I am trying to do some delicate work or turning curves.  This  Singer I
would have to get my dh to read me the model, but it is the newest  machine
I had bought maybe 2 years back.  The best thing about this Singer  is it
has a buttonhole  foot, that you put the button into the foot and  slide it
shut, then set the machine dials and levels to the red spots on the  machine[I
have put raised dots on the machine in each of these areas].   Once you put
the garmet in place where you want the buttonhole to start, you put  the
presser buttonhole  foot down and the machine will make a buttonhole  all
byitself to perfectly fit that Button.

I use to have a Singer Futura back when my kids were little that had that
feature.  When I started sewing clothes for my Grand daughters I searched
for a machine that would do that.  I paid less then $125 for it and I am so
happy I found it.

The Bernina is a computerized machine and I don't use any or very many of
the decorative stitches on it.  I haven't been sewing much lately.

I have a Singer Feather Weight that I had since I was 16 year old and man
that only sews straight stitches back and forth, but that is the baby I
dragged  out after I went blind and sat down to see if I could sew on a machine
blind.

I also have Several Elna machines that I used a lot when I sewed making my
crafts and selling them while my kids were in grammar school.  I have all
the decorated stitches in the world with my Elnas and they have discs you
put in  to do the stitches. [I have over 100 discs ranging from zig
zag,stretch  stitches, hearts, flowers, sail boats, dogs, cats, Christmas trees, etc.

Oh yes I have the machine I learned to sew on when I was 11 years  old.
Well Mom still has it a Singer treddle machine-no power except you  peddling
it.

In a message dated 9/9/2011 3:45:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,