[Nfb-krafters-korner] Intarsia Class

linda the_ninn at tx.rr.com
Tue Sep 13 18:03:12 UTC 2011

Sorry Lovette, I did send out the homework - don't know why you did not get
it.  See Below.
Homework
Intarsia Christmas Tree Gift Bag

MATERIALS
1 skein worsted weight yarn for the bag in your choice of color.  Note:
color MC
1 skein of worsted weight yarn  in a contrasting color of your choice to be
used for the tree.  Note:  color CC
(See Yarn Options below)

Knitting Needles- Size 8
Large-Eye Blunt Needle
GAUGE:
15 sts + 22 rows = 4 inches over St st ; however, gauge is not critical to
this project.

Size:  Bag measures approximately 7 inches by 8 inches

Bag is knit in one long rectangle, then folded in half and stitched  up the
sides.

We begin by knitting the back side of the bag.

The bag has a border around the top opening in garder stitch.  There is an
eyelet row for your drawstring.  Then, the bag is knit with a center panel
in stockinette stitch with a seed stitch border on either side.  If desired,
place markers (pm) as a reminder to do the first and last 3 sts of each row
in seed st.

Instructions
Back Side of Bag

Cast on 25 sts.
Knit 4 rows.
Next row (eyelet row):  *K2, yo, k2tog, Rep from * across, end k1.
Next row:  Knit

Body of Bag
The bag is knit in stockinette stitch with the first and last 3 stitches of
each row worked in a k1, p1, k1 seed stitch border

Special Note: (B) is k1, p1, k1  now and throughout the pattern.

Row 1(ws):  (B), pm (place marker), P19, pm, (B)

Rows 2thru51:
continue in St st (k on RS, p on WS), working seed st at beginning and end
of each row.

Stop here and we will begin the tree motif at this point.

Yarn Options:
Hobby Lobby Brand, I Love This Yarn - Sparkle
738 Christmas Sparkle (verigated red, green and white), sku 425124
732 Ivory Sparkle, sku 425363
736 Red Sparkle, sku 425074
730 White Sparkle sku 423087
Sparkle is a plush yarn wrapped with a silver metallic strand, except for
the Ivory which is wrapped with a gold metallic strand.

OR you may want to use,
Red Heart Brand - Holiday
Holiday-  Green/Silver 6040, Art:  Ee759

Holiday also comes in Red and White with the metallic wrap

Another option is Homespun, which also comes in Christmas colors with a
metallic wrap.

You have approximately 58 rows to knit before class begins, so make sure you
allow enough time to get your homework done!  We will begin class with the
tree motif.

See you in class.
Linda
The_ninn at tx.rr.com