[Nfb-krafters-korner] Hel need suggestionsp

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu Sep 15 21:38:48 UTC 2011

I am making these pins and I have purchased the pin backs that are 3/4 inch
 long.  I need to glue the pin backs to a plastic cylinder.  So now I
purchased a small hot glue gun and tried that.  Well yep I seem to be  burning
my fingers if I put the glue on the cylinder and then pick up the pin  and
try to find where I glued it.  I can take the burnt fingers, but if I  take
too long to figure out where to put the pin back and where the glue is, the
glue begins to cool and get hard so it won't stick properly.

So I tried Aleene's Tacky jar glue.  This I used actually one of those
little plastic cheese spreaders that you get in those packages that have 4
crackers and the smooth cheese you spread on the crackers.  Well I did a
pretty good jjob putting the glue on and the pin back.  I even did not get  too
much glue squeezing out under the pin back, but...  When I opened up  the pin
back to pin it on the cards I have made up for the pins.  I guess I  didn't
use enough glue as the backs came off the cylinders.

I figure I can give crazy glue a try, but any suggestions how to not get
the glue dripping off the cylinder?  How to locate pin back to glue spot
fast enough without seeing?  And how do I do this without gluing my fingers  or
pin or pin back to the above mentioned places?  I can easily clean the
glue that I have used so far off the granite counter, but I need some
suggestions here.

Help, Help, Help!