[Nfb-krafters-korner] KK LACY SHAWL QUESTION

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 02:30:54 UTC 2012

Linda wrote:
I have made 3 of the lacy shawls. Everyone of them is a lot tighter on the
bind off side. Is that how it is supposed to be? If so, is there another
bind off that would look similar to the crochet cast on? Linda A.

Cathy writes:
Linda,
When I made my shawl I noticed the same thing. So what I did was to undo the
end of the shawl, replace it on the loom, then bind it off again in the same
manner, but leaving the loops very loose so that the gathering effect was
not as tight. It still wasn't as loose as the cast-on, there was a bit of
puffiness in the drape, but it was better.
Sorry, I do not know what other bind-off method to suggest.