[Nfb-krafters-korner] bookshare FW: craft books

melissa green graduate56 at juno.com
Wed Apr 4 18:25:26 UTC 2012

hi.
bookshare now has mp3 files for their books.
You have to request the file and then they convert it into mp3 format for
you.
It takes days to get the book, and you have to put it in the audio+ podcast
folder on your cartradge, or in the other books folder on the stream and
other players.
It is supposed to be set up for you to play the mp3 books in the talking
book folder.  But they haven't worked all of the bugs out yet for that to
happen.
Since this is new for bookshare, they are getting lots of requests for books
in Mp3 format, so it could take a week or more before you get the email that
says your book is ready to be downloaded.
I don't believe any of the craft books are in the mp3 format.
You still will get a computerized voice reading the Mp3 book.

Bookshare is still free for students, and you can also get a membership if
you are taking a class at hadley because you are a student.

Hope this information has helped.
Blessings,
Melissa and Pj
Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go,
and you learn at once how big and precious it is.