[Nfb-krafters-korner] Monitor Miniature

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Fri Apr 6 20:13:47 UTC 2012

In case you missed it!

Braille Monitor                                                 April 2012

Monitor Miniatures
News from the Federation Family

Showcasing Your Talent:
Do you like to do crafts? Are you an artist? Have you created some type of art that you are proud of? Enter your creation in your local county or state fair. I teach the alternative skills of blindness in home management, and that includes teaching clients new crafts. Over the past three years I have encouraged clients at the Nebraska Center for the Blind to enter the crafts they have made in our local fairs. Whether they bring home a ribbon or not, their confidence soars just because of completing a project and learning a new craft.

If you would like to learn new crafts, join the National Federation of the Blind Krafters Division. For more information call or e-mail Cindy Zimmer at (402) 435-6628 or <Cindy.Zimmer at nebraska.gov> or Joyce Kane, president of the Krafters Division, at (203) 378-8928    <Blindhands at aol.com>.