[Nfb-krafters-korner] loom knitting tip!

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 04:05:19 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Quite awhile back during a loom knit class the question came up as to
whether it was best to eWrap all pegs then knit them off, or eWrap and knit
off each peg individually. At the time, it was suggested that ewrapping all
pegs was easiest, so that is what I have been doing.

However, I have begun reading a book called "loom knitting primer," by
Phelps. She suggests that ewrapping and knitting each peg off individually
has a number of advantages. First, it prevents the laddering effect between
the first and last peg in knitting in the round. (Joyce had been trying to
figure out how to resolve this problem I remember.) next ewrapping
individually helps lessen the spiraling effect around the item. the other
advantages are that the stitches are less likely to get too tight or
inadvertently come off the loom.

This is a wonderful book, I have only read 20 pages and can't put it down
and am already learning things I didn't yet know.

It is in three different formats on bookshare and although there are
pictures, the text is all that is needed.

Cathy