[Nfb-krafters-korner] Flower Loom for I-cord?

Tanya Wheatley blind_quilter at msn.com
Sat Apr 7 18:56:59 UTC 2012

Hi Terrence,

I think the loom that was mentioned was the KK spool loom, which has 5 pegs
on one end and 8 on the other. Either side can be used to make an i-cord. I
am also pasting the directions that have been sent before for creating a
3-peg I-cord on any loom.

Tanya

Pegs 1-3 numbered right to left

Place slip knot on peg 1 and ewrap pegs 1-3.

Bring yarn around the inside of the loom behind pegs 3-1 and around the
front of peg 1 on the right side.

Lay yarn over the front of all three pegs in order to knit them using the
flat knit stitch.  You'll knit off peg 2 then peg 1 then peg three.

Wrap the yarn around behind the pegs again and repeat to desired length.

I know it seems very strange at first with all those loose strands in back,
but once you have a several rows done you'll be able to pull down on the
starting tail and it will tighten and pull in those strands...trust me - I
know it's weird.  The first time I did this I thought there was no way I was
doing it right.  You'll need to keep pulling down as you go to lock those
stitches in.