[Nfb-krafters-korner] loom cast-on methods

Tanya Wheatley blind_quilter at msn.com
Sun Apr 8 00:14:03 UTC 2012

Hi Cathy,

The difference between the cable and chain cast on is that with the cable
cast on, you are actually bringing the new loop created over and placing it
on the next peg with the working yarn in front so that there are two strands
in front of the peg and you knit the bottom strand over the top one. With
the chain cast on, you are bringing the new loop or chain created behind the
peg and using the crochet hook to create another loop with the working yarn
in front of the peg so that only the working strand is at the front of the
peg when you make the chain.

I hope that helps and is understandable!

Tanya